See some of the points she made as shared on the church’s twitter handle below.
Here are five things you probably didn’t know about the Pastor Mrs. Adeboye.
- Pastor Mrs. Adeboye was born on Foluke Adenike Adeboye on July 13, 1948 to the Jacob Adeyokunnu and Morounfola Adelusi Adeyokunnu in Ilesha, Osun State. Her father was a teacher and minister in the Methodist Church, he was also a polygamist who had nine other children. Her mother was a cloth trader.
- She attended Methodist Girls Primary and Secondary school Ilesha; she proceeded to the United Missionary College (UMC) Ibadan where she graduated from in 1966. Pastor. Mrs. Adeboye has also added four more qualifications- a Diploma Certificate from the University of Lagos (Associate Diploma in Education); another Diploma in Religious Studies and a Certificate in Directorate of Schools Studies from the University of Saint John and Mark, Plymouth, United Kingdom.
- Pastor Mrs. Adeboye was said to have met her husband through divine direction. Foluke’s cousin Olusegun Adeyokunnu was friends with Enoch Adeboye who at that time was an undergraduate student of Mathematics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- The couple held their court wedding on September 8, 1967 while the church wedding took place on December 17, 1967 officially making them man and wife. She’s a proud mother of four children (three sons and a daughter) and many grandchildren.
- Foluke Adeboye was officially ordained a pastor in 1996 and since then has held top leadership positions in the church including President of the Redeemed Women Fellowship (God Women Fellowship), Director of Education, etc.